N Korea`s issues threat before S Korea-US drills
Seoul: North Korea says its new leader, Kim Jong Un, has ordered troops to launch a powerful retaliatory strike against South Korea if provoked.
The official Korean Central News Agency reported on Sunday that Kim issued the order during a visit to front-line military units, including one that shelled South Korea`s Yeonpyeong Island in 2010, killing four people.
South Korean and US troops are to kick off annual computer-simulated war games Monday. North Korea has threatened a "sacred war" over the drills.
A senior US envoy said Saturday that ties between the two Koreas need to improve before North Korea and the United States can achieve real progress in their relationship.
Glyn Davies made the comments in Seoul after nuclear talks in Beijing with North Korean officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah