N Korea`s Jong-Un secretly visited Japan as child
Tokyo: North Korea`s next leader Kim Jong-Un
visited Japan as a child using a Brazilian passport, and could
even have gone to Tokyo Disneyland, a Japanese newspaper
reported on Thursday.
He was accompanied by another boy believed to have been
his older brother Jong-Chul, the Yomiuri Shimbun said, as the
20-something appeared to be trying to consolidate his grip on
the hermit state in the wake of his father`s death.
The two entered Japan on May 12, 1991, and left the
country 11 days later, using Brazilian passports that featured
their photographs, the paper said, citing intelligence
The pair had obtained Japanese visas in Vienna and
Jong-Un used the pseudonym of Joseph Pak, the report said.
It added that Jong-Un was eight years old then, but
did not say if the pair were accompanied by anyone else.
Japan`s public security authorities were alerted to
their arrival as possible North Koreans, but had already left
Japan by the time an official investigation began, the Yomiuri
Credit card records from the time showed it was
"highly possible" that they visited Tokyo Disneyland during
the trip, the report added.
The pair`s half-brother Jong-Nam, was deported from
Japan in 2001 for trying to get into the country on a forged
Jong-Nam, who is now 40, told immigration officials
that he wanted to go to Tokyo Disneyland.
The life of Kim Jong-Un, who was seemingly plucked
from obscurity in a bid to maintain the Kim dynasty after his
father suffered a debilitating stroke, is shrouded in mystery.
He is believed to be in his late 20s. The Yomiuri and
some other media have put his age at 28 and that of Jong-Chul
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune