N Korea`s Kim tours Russia
Moscow: North Korean leader Kim Jong Il visited a newly-built hydropower station in Russia`s far east
on Sunday in a week-long trip to the country during, which he will also hold a summit meeting with President Dmitry Medvedev.
On the second day of his visit, Kim Jong toured the Bureya hydroelectric power station, the first completed by Russia after the Soviet collapse.
According to Interfax, Kim`s armoured train stopped at the Bureya station from, where he headed to the dam, where he was welcomed by Medvedev`s envoy in the Far Eastern Federal District, Viktor Ishayev, and Governor of the Amur Region, Oleg Kozhemyako.
"The armoured train of Kim Jong Il includes 17 coaches, one of which serves as the mobile garage for the personal Mercedes limousine of the North Korean leader, by which he went to Bureya hydro power plant," RIA Novosti said, quoting a source.
After crossing into the Russian border at Khasan in Far East four Russian coaches were attached to Kim`s armoured train for accommodating Viktor Ishayev and security personnel.
Kim spent about five minutes at the observation platform of the dam to watch waterfall and retreated to his train.
Kim, who is reported to be suffering plane phobia, first visited Russian in July-August 2001, when he travelled around the country for 24 days.
During his second trip since 2002, Kim is expected to hold talks with Medvedev on key bilateral and multilateral issues including de-nuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula.
Although the Kremlin is yet to announce the venue and dates of the Medvedev-Kim meeting, South Korean Yonhap news agency earlier reported talks are likely to take place in the eastern Siberian city of Ulan-Ude on Tuesday.
Kim may also meet with Russian strongman, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, who was the first Kremlin leader to visit North Korea in 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price