Nairobi mall attack: Al Shabaab burnt victims’ faces to conceal identities
London: Al Shabaab terrorists, who killed at least 67 people in the Nairobi mall massacre, burned victims’ faces and cut off their hands in an attempt to conceal their identities.
Sickening details of what happened to the dead inside the Westgate shopping centre have emerged, as the Kenyan Government said the siege had come to an end.
Security officers who ended the stand-off revealed how the militants from Islamic extremist group piled up bodies by the main door to slow the rescue teams down, the Daily Star reports.
Another shock report emerged how an injured woman had been sexually abused at gunpoint in front of terrified young hostages.
A woman running a cookery competition in the mall claimed that adults acted like ‘animals’ by climbing on top of children to escape.
Satpal Singh described how he was having a meeting in a coffee shop when the terrorist attack began on Saturday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees