Nairobi mall attack: Al Shabaab burnt victims’ faces to conceal identities
London: Al Shabaab terrorists, who killed at least 67 people in the Nairobi mall massacre, burned victims’ faces and cut off their hands in an attempt to conceal their identities.
Sickening details of what happened to the dead inside the Westgate shopping centre have emerged, as the Kenyan Government said the siege had come to an end.
Security officers who ended the stand-off revealed how the militants from Islamic extremist group piled up bodies by the main door to slow the rescue teams down, the Daily Star reports.
Another shock report emerged how an injured woman had been sexually abused at gunpoint in front of terrified young hostages.
A woman running a cookery competition in the mall claimed that adults acted like ‘animals’ by climbing on top of children to escape.
Satpal Singh described how he was having a meeting in a coffee shop when the terrorist attack began on Saturday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations