Nairobi mall attack: Al Shabaab burnt victims’ faces to conceal identities
London: Al Shabaab terrorists, who killed at least 67 people in the Nairobi mall massacre, burned victims’ faces and cut off their hands in an attempt to conceal their identities.
Sickening details of what happened to the dead inside the Westgate shopping centre have emerged, as the Kenyan Government said the siege had come to an end.
Security officers who ended the stand-off revealed how the militants from Islamic extremist group piled up bodies by the main door to slow the rescue teams down, the Daily Star reports.
Another shock report emerged how an injured woman had been sexually abused at gunpoint in front of terrified young hostages.
A woman running a cookery competition in the mall claimed that adults acted like ‘animals’ by climbing on top of children to escape.
Satpal Singh described how he was having a meeting in a coffee shop when the terrorist attack began on Saturday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Red Corridor to be redrawn - Know how many districts will be taken off Naxalite–Maoist insurgency list
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?