Nairobi mall attack: Details of the victims
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Nairobi: At least 59 people were killed in Saturday’s attack in an upscale Nairobi shopping mall when masked assailants stormed the building and started shooting indiscriminately.
About 30 hostages are still being held up inside the mall as the Israeli forces have now joined in to help in efforts to end the siege.
Here is the partial list of those who were killed in the attack –
Ruhila Adatia-Sood, who was a popular host with Radio Africa, was in the parking area of the Westgate mall when she was shot. According to reports, Adatia-Sood was pregnant.
Renowned Ghanaian poet and statesman Kofi Awoonor, 78, was killed while shopping with his son in the Westgate Mall, Ghana`s Deputy Information Minister Felix Kwakye Ofosu said.
Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta’s nephew was among those killed in the attack. Kenyatta said he had "personally lost family members in the Westgate attack".
Desloges was a 29-year-old Canadian diplomat who served at the country`s high commission in Kenya.
Ohter nationals who were killed
Two Indians were killed, France said that two of its citizens died in the attack. Three British nationals and an Australian have been confirmed dead. Also, a Chinese woman have been reported dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH