Nairobi mall attack: Details of the victims
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Nairobi: At least 59 people were killed in Saturday’s attack in an upscale Nairobi shopping mall when masked assailants stormed the building and started shooting indiscriminately.
About 30 hostages are still being held up inside the mall as the Israeli forces have now joined in to help in efforts to end the siege.
Here is the partial list of those who were killed in the attack –
Ruhila Adatia-Sood, who was a popular host with Radio Africa, was in the parking area of the Westgate mall when she was shot. According to reports, Adatia-Sood was pregnant.
Renowned Ghanaian poet and statesman Kofi Awoonor, 78, was killed while shopping with his son in the Westgate Mall, Ghana`s Deputy Information Minister Felix Kwakye Ofosu said.
Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta’s nephew was among those killed in the attack. Kenyatta said he had "personally lost family members in the Westgate attack".
Desloges was a 29-year-old Canadian diplomat who served at the country`s high commission in Kenya.
Ohter nationals who were killed
Two Indians were killed, France said that two of its citizens died in the attack. Three British nationals and an Australian have been confirmed dead. Also, a Chinese woman have been reported dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray