Nairobi mall attack: Israeli forces join effort to end siege
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Nairobi: As the standoff continues between the Kenyan security forces and the militants, who stormed the Nairobi mall on Saturday, the Israeli forces on Sunday have joined Kenyan efforts to end a deadly siege by the militants.
At least 59 people has been killed by the militants and 175 others wounded in the Saturday’s attack.
Meanwhile, Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta said that terror attack masterminds will be punished "swiftly, and indeed very painfully.”
According to reports, about 30 hostages are still being held inside the mall. The attack was staged by masked gunmen who entered the mall at 12:00 noon and started firing grenades.
Among the dead were two Indians, relative of the Kenyan president and also renowned Ghanaian poet and statesmen Kofi Awoonor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters