Nairobi mall attack suspect `White widow` married Kenya Navy officer?
Zee Media Bureau
Pretoria: Briton fugitive ‘White Widow’ Samantha Lewthwaite, who is suspected to have masterminded Kenya mall attack and is wanted by the Interpol, is reported to have recced foreign embassies in South Africa.
The 29-year old ‘White Widow’ who was in South Africa from 2008-2011 under the alias of Natalie Webb, was spotted by the CCTV cameras watching foreign embassies in the Arcadia area of Pretoria earlier this year in January and February, a Daily Telegraph report said citing local media reports.
The report further adds that the “highly credible” warning about the ‘White Widow’ was first given by Israeli Intelligence Agency Mossad to South Africa`s Jewish Community Security Organisation.
The warning was conveyed to South African police`s crime intelligence unit, but they failed to track her down.
The Interpol has issued a red notice against Lewthwaite, ,who is suspected to be behind the horrific mall attack at Westgate shopping centre in Kenya.
The international police agency says the notice was issued at the request of Kenya, where she is wanted on charges of possessing explosives and conspiracy to commit a felony in December 2011.
But the Interpol warrant did not connect her to the Nairobi mall attack which left 67 dead.
As more details emerge about the `White Widow`, she comes across as a fanatic Muslim convert who had extremist views since she was 15.
According to a report, she had, in a class debate, vehemnetly favoured the atomic bombing of Hiroshima in the Second World War that killed up to 140,000 people.
Samantha, who is the widow of London suicide bomber Jermaine Lindsay, is reportedly said to have secretly married a Kenyan Navy officer after her husband died in the London 7/7 attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city