Nairobi mall attackers will be punished painfully: Kenyatta
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Nairobi: As the Hostage crisis continues after the militant attack in Nairobi mall on Saturday, Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta has said that the attackers will be punished “very painfully”.
Kenyatta has lost a relative in the mall siege. At least 59 people has been killed in the attack and 175 others wounded. Among the dead were two Indians and also renowned Ghanaian poet and statesmen Kofi Awoonor.
About 30 hostages are still being held inside the mall by the unknown number of assailants.
Authorities said that the militants were keeping an `unknown number of people hostages` at various locations inside the mall.
Meanwhile, the Israeli forces have joined Kenyan efforts to end a deadly siege by the militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding