Naked female protesters stop traffic in Zurich
Zurich: A group of feminist protesters from Ukraine stopped the traffic during a naked stunt in Zurich on Thursday as bemused motorists looked on.
Four members of the Ukrainian women`s movement Femen stood wrapped in cellophane with labels attached reading "5.99 dollars, made in Ukraine."
Surrounded by passers-by and photographers, they blocked the road in the Sihlquai area where prostitutes often operate, shouting "Women aren`t merchandise”.
The protesters disrupted traffic for about a quarter of an hour, at one point climbing onto a Mercedes as the car`s stunned driver looked on.
"We are trying to shock people to show them the reality," said one of the protesters. "We aren`t against prostitutes, but the pimps who use them."
The women arrived in Switzerland at the end of October for a tour of Europe which has included a stop outside the Paris home of former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn.
Femen has around 300 members in Kiev and is seeking to boost its profile abroad.
The group said today it had ended its stint in Europe but promised to return "in a few months”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- These bollywood movie makers, superstars have been issued service tax notices by CBEC –Know
- Alert issued in Bihar following heavy rain in catchment areas of Nepal
- WWE SmackDown: July 26, 2016 - Results and highlights
- SHOCKING! Former PM Manmohan Singh's plane nearly crashed in 2007
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: Did brother of international wrestler spike his food in Sonipat?