Naked female protesters stop traffic in Zurich
Zurich: A group of feminist protesters from Ukraine stopped the traffic during a naked stunt in Zurich on Thursday as bemused motorists looked on.
Four members of the Ukrainian women`s movement Femen stood wrapped in cellophane with labels attached reading "5.99 dollars, made in Ukraine."
Surrounded by passers-by and photographers, they blocked the road in the Sihlquai area where prostitutes often operate, shouting "Women aren`t merchandise”.
The protesters disrupted traffic for about a quarter of an hour, at one point climbing onto a Mercedes as the car`s stunned driver looked on.
"We are trying to shock people to show them the reality," said one of the protesters. "We aren`t against prostitutes, but the pimps who use them."
The women arrived in Switzerland at the end of October for a tour of Europe which has included a stop outside the Paris home of former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn.
Femen has around 300 members in Kiev and is seeking to boost its profile abroad.
The group said today it had ended its stint in Europe but promised to return "in a few months”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- IPL 2016 final: RCB vs SRH - Virat Kohli on the verge of reaching once-unthinkable milestone
- Know the importance of Prasad/Prasadam!
- Up to 700 migrants feared dead in Mediterranean this week: UN
- After 11 years Mars will come closest to Earth on May 30
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...