Naked man beheads mother thinking she is a witch
London: A 44-year-old Briton beheaded his elderly mother because he believed she was a witch, and then wandered on the streets of London naked like a "zombie", a court has heard.
Daniel Coriat, said to be a paranoid schizophrenic, will spend the rest of his life in a secure mental ward, the Daily Mail reported.
After the killing, police found him hiding in a wheelie bin in a train station.
He told officers he was the "son of god" and was living in the bin since he "came down from the sky two months ago", the Old Bailey court heard.
Officials found his 76-year-old mother Elizabeth was brutally murdered at the flat they shared in Forest Hill in south London, in March 2012.
She had suffered 50 separate injuries and her head had been cut off.
Prosecutors accepted a guilty plea to manslaughter.
Diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia at the age of 18, the man often flies into explosive rages when he stops taking his medication, the court heard.
Neighbours saw him walking naked near his flat, and said he had a blank vacant stare, and walked "really slowly like a zombie, staring straight ahead".
During a court hearing, he claimed his mother was a witch.
"You saw the body when it was taken away. It didn`t look human," he said.
Flanked by psychiatric nurses, the man laughed loudly in the dock when the judge ordered him to be locked away in a mental hospital indefinitely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy