NAM reiterates call for total ban on nuclear weapons
Bali: The Non-Aligned
Movement (NAM) on the final day of its 16th Ministerial
Meeting issued a document calling for the total abolishment of
the possession and use of nuclear weapons for the sake of
preserving world peace.
The NAM ministers yesterday expressed their deep
concern over the nuclear weapons threat to humanity.
They stated that the total banning of nuclear weapons
in the world was a priority of NAM.
NAM emphasized the importance of the role of its
member states to convey concrete proposals for the global
nuclear weapons disarmament and total abolishment within a
certain time framework.
The meeting coinciding with the 50th NAM anniversary
mentioned the Movement`s commitment to organising a summit to
identify ways and facilities to abolish nuclear weapons as
early as possible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in