Narendra Modi comments on everything, but not on snooping issue: Manish Tewari
Indore: Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday asked why Narendra Modi had been mum on the snooping controversy.
"Since last one month, Modi is reacting on every issue from Agra`s Taj Mahal to the 100 years of Indian Cinema, but he has not given any clarification on the truth behind the Gujarat`s snooping scandal. Why he is silent?" Tewari said.
"If Modi is clean on the issue, then why he is not stating that let a sitting or a retired Supreme Court Judge probe the incident," the Congress leader asked.
BJP made a lot of hue and cry over tapping of the phones of Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, Tewari said, adding that in the present controversy, where entire machinery of Gujarat police was mobilised for surveillance of a woman, the saffron party was silent.
On the allegations of sexual abuse against Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal, the Minister said it would not be proper to react till the probe was over, but added that "it is the duty of every citizen to cooperate fully with probe process".
On the complaint of sexual harassment against an I&B official during ongoing International Film Festival of India in Goa, the Minister said, "It was a very painful and an unfortunate incident and the Ministry has acted swiftly on the matter by instituting an inquiry committee which has also submitted its report on the issue."
The ministry had a zero tolerance policy on such matters, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir