Narendra Modi comments on everything, but not on snooping issue: Manish Tewari
Indore: Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday asked why Narendra Modi had been mum on the snooping controversy.
"Since last one month, Modi is reacting on every issue from Agra`s Taj Mahal to the 100 years of Indian Cinema, but he has not given any clarification on the truth behind the Gujarat`s snooping scandal. Why he is silent?" Tewari said.
"If Modi is clean on the issue, then why he is not stating that let a sitting or a retired Supreme Court Judge probe the incident," the Congress leader asked.
BJP made a lot of hue and cry over tapping of the phones of Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, Tewari said, adding that in the present controversy, where entire machinery of Gujarat police was mobilised for surveillance of a woman, the saffron party was silent.
On the allegations of sexual abuse against Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal, the Minister said it would not be proper to react till the probe was over, but added that "it is the duty of every citizen to cooperate fully with probe process".
On the complaint of sexual harassment against an I&B official during ongoing International Film Festival of India in Goa, the Minister said, "It was a very painful and an unfortunate incident and the Ministry has acted swiftly on the matter by instituting an inquiry committee which has also submitted its report on the issue."
The ministry had a zero tolerance policy on such matters, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Ban on large diesel vehicles a transient phase, says Jaitley
- Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya files for bail after NIA files fresh chargesheet
- Novak Djokovic poised to become first man to win $100 million in prize money
- Bihar Board class 10th results: More than 50 percent students fail in exams - Is this the reason?
- Tax holiday for start-ups should be raised to 7 years, says Commerce Minister