Nasheed leaves Male for India
Colombo: Former Maldivian President Mohamed Nasheed on Tuesday left Maldives for a five-day visit to India.
Nasheed would be spending the anniversary of his ouster in the Indian capital, a statement released by his office said.
Nasheed had resigned as President on February 7 last year after what he claimed was a coup.
A Commission of National Inquiry appointed later to probe the February 7 events ruled out the possibility of a coup as the reason for his ouster.
His successor Mohamed Waheed is expected to call fresh presidential elections in the Maldives by September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested