Nasheed leaves Male for India
Colombo: Former Maldivian President Mohamed Nasheed on Tuesday left Maldives for a five-day visit to India.
Nasheed would be spending the anniversary of his ouster in the Indian capital, a statement released by his office said.
Nasheed had resigned as President on February 7 last year after what he claimed was a coup.
A Commission of National Inquiry appointed later to probe the February 7 events ruled out the possibility of a coup as the reason for his ouster.
His successor Mohamed Waheed is expected to call fresh presidential elections in the Maldives by September this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!