National Congress of CPC - Some facts
Beijing: The 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC) is scheduled to open Thursday. Some basic facts:
In line with the CPC Constitution, the National Congress and the Central Committee elected at the congress are the supreme leading organ of the Party, reported Xinhua.
-- In line with the CPC Constitution, the National Congress is held every five years.
-- The functions and power of the National Congress are as follows:
(1) To hear and examine the report of the Central Committee;
(2) To hear and examine the report of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection;
(3) To discuss and decide on major issues concerning the Party;
(4) To revise the Constitution of the Party;
(5) To elect the Central Committee;
(6) To elect the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection.
-- More than 2,200 delegates, elected from more than 82 million Party members across the nation, will attend the 18th CPC National Congress.
-- The 1st CPC National Congress was held in 1921, with 12 delegates representing about 50 Party members nationwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test