National defence policy not a threat to anyone: China
Beijing: Responding to Japan`s newly adopted defence policy, China has denied that the country`s national defence policy is a threat to any countries and slammed Tokyo`s views over China`s development as "irresponsible”.
Japan had in a new defence policy outline adopted yesterday expressed increased concerns about China`s military rise. It introduced a new defence posture enabling more flexible responses to threats including terrorism and North Korean missiles, while beefing up security around its remote islands.
"China adheres to a path of peaceful development and pursues a national defence policy that is defensive in nature," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Jiang Yu said in a response posted on the ministry website. "It is not our intention to threaten, nor does it constitute a threat to anyone."
The National Defence Program Guidelines also described China`s military rise and other actions such as its increasing naval activities around Japan`s southwestern islands as a "matter of concern for the region and the international community”.
But Jiang said Tokyo`s remarks on China`s development were irresponsible and it had no right to represent the international community in its views.
"Individual countries have no right to represent the international community and make irresponsible remarks on China`s development," Jiang said.
She added that Japan is among countries that have benefited from the "tremendous opportunities for shared prosperity" that China`s development has brought.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley