National Syrian dialogue to be held soon, says Iran
Tehran: Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister for Arab and African Affairs Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said here Monday that the national Syrian talks will be held "soon," reported Xinhua citing the official IRNA news agency.
The talks will be held with the participation of the representatives of all the Syrian people, including the ethnic groups, political parties, the opposition groups and the government in Tehran or in one of the regional countries "soon," said Amir-Abdollahian.
He made the remarks after meeting visiting Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov Monday. Bogdanov also discussed regional developments, particularly those pertaining to Syria, with Iran`s Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi, said the report.
Amir-Abdollahian added that some of the opposition groups have not agreed to enter the talks, but there are attempts to persuade them, said IRNA.
Proximity among different outlooks in Syria is being built up and the Syrian groups have come to the conclusion that political solution to Syrian issue should be considered, he was quoted as saying.
The Iranian deputy foreign minister referred to the Monday talks between Iranian foreign minister and the Russian side as " helpful," saying that both Iran and Russia "strongly" support the reforms proposed by Syrian President Bashar Al Assad.
UN-Arab League (AL) joint special representative Lakhdar Brahimi has proposed a cease-fire in Syria during the upcoming Muslim feast of Eid al-Adha holiday, which starts on Oct 26.
Iran and Russia are the regional allies of the Syrian government and oppose Assad`s resignation under Western pressures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city