NATO chief hospitalised: NATO
Brussels: NATO chief Jaap de Hoop
Scheffer was hospitalised in Brussels today after suffering an
arterial thrombosis, a spokesman for the alliance said.
"The secretary general went to hospital," James
"They have cleared a small blockage in an artery.
He is resting comfortably," he said.
De Hoop Scheffer was still in intensive care and
will remain under observation for a few days, but doctors
expect him to make a full recovery, Appathurai added.
Earlier today, Appathurai had reported that the
secretary general had been taken ill while inaugurating a
"NATO village" at a park in central Brussels on Belgium`s
De Hoop Scheffer, whose mandate expires at the end
of the month, had to sit down on a park bench, suffering from
the heat and humidity, said Appathurai.
In recent days he made a series of trips to many of
the alliance`s 28 member states as he prepares to hand over to
Denmark`s former Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed