NATO chief hospitalised: NATO
Brussels: NATO chief Jaap de Hoop
Scheffer was hospitalised in Brussels today after suffering an
arterial thrombosis, a spokesman for the alliance said.
"The secretary general went to hospital," James
"They have cleared a small blockage in an artery.
He is resting comfortably," he said.
De Hoop Scheffer was still in intensive care and
will remain under observation for a few days, but doctors
expect him to make a full recovery, Appathurai added.
Earlier today, Appathurai had reported that the
secretary general had been taken ill while inaugurating a
"NATO village" at a park in central Brussels on Belgium`s
De Hoop Scheffer, whose mandate expires at the end
of the month, had to sit down on a park bench, suffering from
the heat and humidity, said Appathurai.
In recent days he made a series of trips to many of
the alliance`s 28 member states as he prepares to hand over to
Denmark`s former Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!