NATO chief hospitalised: NATO
Brussels: NATO chief Jaap de Hoop
Scheffer was hospitalised in Brussels today after suffering an
arterial thrombosis, a spokesman for the alliance said.
"The secretary general went to hospital," James
"They have cleared a small blockage in an artery.
He is resting comfortably," he said.
De Hoop Scheffer was still in intensive care and
will remain under observation for a few days, but doctors
expect him to make a full recovery, Appathurai added.
Earlier today, Appathurai had reported that the
secretary general had been taken ill while inaugurating a
"NATO village" at a park in central Brussels on Belgium`s
De Hoop Scheffer, whose mandate expires at the end
of the month, had to sit down on a park bench, suffering from
the heat and humidity, said Appathurai.
In recent days he made a series of trips to many of
the alliance`s 28 member states as he prepares to hand over to
Denmark`s former Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'