NATO chief hospitalised: NATO
Brussels: NATO chief Jaap de Hoop
Scheffer was hospitalised in Brussels today after suffering an
arterial thrombosis, a spokesman for the alliance said.
"The secretary general went to hospital," James
"They have cleared a small blockage in an artery.
He is resting comfortably," he said.
De Hoop Scheffer was still in intensive care and
will remain under observation for a few days, but doctors
expect him to make a full recovery, Appathurai added.
Earlier today, Appathurai had reported that the
secretary general had been taken ill while inaugurating a
"NATO village" at a park in central Brussels on Belgium`s
De Hoop Scheffer, whose mandate expires at the end
of the month, had to sit down on a park bench, suffering from
the heat and humidity, said Appathurai.
In recent days he made a series of trips to many of
the alliance`s 28 member states as he prepares to hand over to
Denmark`s former Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?