NATO employee in Germany held for spying
Moscow: A civilian employee at a NATO air base in Germany has been arrested on charges of illegally gathering secret information.
The German Prosecutor General`s Office said Tuesday the 60-year-old employee of the Ramstein air base is believed to have illegally obtained and copied classified information to his computer.
Prosecutors believe he intended to hand the information to a third party.
The report did not say who the third party might have been.
The Ramstein air base, located in the western state of Rheinland-Pfalz, is the headquarters of the US Air Forces in Europe (USAFE) and one of NATO`s two air command headquarters. The other one is located in Izmir, Turkey.
In February, NATO officials announced plans to turn the Ramstein base into a command and control hub for the NATO`s European missile defence forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Sensex drops 205 points, worst single-day fall in a month
- Bribery case: Fresh probe ordered against former Kerala Minister AK Babu
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Jacqueline Fernandez can't wait to crack up on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Google's latest app will bring Indian art and culture closer
- Hungary's Orban says "obvious connection" between terrorism and migration