NATO employee in Germany held for spying
Moscow: A civilian employee at a NATO air base in Germany has been arrested on charges of illegally gathering secret information.
The German Prosecutor General`s Office said Tuesday the 60-year-old employee of the Ramstein air base is believed to have illegally obtained and copied classified information to his computer.
Prosecutors believe he intended to hand the information to a third party.
The report did not say who the third party might have been.
The Ramstein air base, located in the western state of Rheinland-Pfalz, is the headquarters of the US Air Forces in Europe (USAFE) and one of NATO`s two air command headquarters. The other one is located in Izmir, Turkey.
In February, NATO officials announced plans to turn the Ramstein base into a command and control hub for the NATO`s European missile defence forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan