NATO, G8 summits in Chicago next year
Chicago: Security experts say news that Chicago is going to host the NATO and G8 summits next year means that, for at least a short time, there will be no safer city on the planet.
Those who have helped plan security for such events and studied them say that by the time President Barack Obama welcomes world leaders to his hometown, millions of dollars and thousands of hours will have been spent planning how to protect them.
Experts say local, state and federal agencies will do everything from tracking terrorists to inspecting storm drains and elevator shafts.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says getting the events to be held in Chicago is a coup because they will showcase the city and perhaps trigger economic investment and job creation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars