NATO, G8 summits in Chicago next year
Chicago: Security experts say news that Chicago is going to host the NATO and G8 summits next year means that, for at least a short time, there will be no safer city on the planet.
Those who have helped plan security for such events and studied them say that by the time President Barack Obama welcomes world leaders to his hometown, millions of dollars and thousands of hours will have been spent planning how to protect them.
Experts say local, state and federal agencies will do everything from tracking terrorists to inspecting storm drains and elevator shafts.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says getting the events to be held in Chicago is a coup because they will showcase the city and perhaps trigger economic investment and job creation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city