NATO, G8 summits in Chicago next year
Chicago: Security experts say news that Chicago is going to host the NATO and G8 summits next year means that, for at least a short time, there will be no safer city on the planet.
Those who have helped plan security for such events and studied them say that by the time President Barack Obama welcomes world leaders to his hometown, millions of dollars and thousands of hours will have been spent planning how to protect them.
Experts say local, state and federal agencies will do everything from tracking terrorists to inspecting storm drains and elevator shafts.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says getting the events to be held in Chicago is a coup because they will showcase the city and perhaps trigger economic investment and job creation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves