NATO, G8 summits in Chicago next year
Chicago: Security experts say news that Chicago is going to host the NATO and G8 summits next year means that, for at least a short time, there will be no safer city on the planet.
Those who have helped plan security for such events and studied them say that by the time President Barack Obama welcomes world leaders to his hometown, millions of dollars and thousands of hours will have been spent planning how to protect them.
Experts say local, state and federal agencies will do everything from tracking terrorists to inspecting storm drains and elevator shafts.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says getting the events to be held in Chicago is a coup because they will showcase the city and perhaps trigger economic investment and job creation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read