NATO in charge of Kosovo border crossings
Pristina: A NATO spokesman says American and French peacekeepers are in control of two customs posts on Kosovo`s northern border with Serbia following an exchange of gunfire with Serb attackers there.
Cpt Hans Wichter said the peacekeepers have "taken authority over both gates" and that only small vehicles are being allowed to pass through because "the infrastructure is heavily damaged”.
A mob of Serbs hurled firebombs and set one of the customs posts ablaze late Wednesday, hours after Kosovo`s special police ended an operation that took control of the two borders posts. One Kosovo policeman was killed in the action.
Kosovo launched the operation to enforce its ban on goods from Serbia in the Serb-run area, which rejects Kosovo`s 2008 secession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH