NATO in charge of Kosovo border crossings
Pristina: A NATO spokesman says American and French peacekeepers are in control of two customs posts on Kosovo`s northern border with Serbia following an exchange of gunfire with Serb attackers there.
Cpt Hans Wichter said the peacekeepers have "taken authority over both gates" and that only small vehicles are being allowed to pass through because "the infrastructure is heavily damaged”.
A mob of Serbs hurled firebombs and set one of the customs posts ablaze late Wednesday, hours after Kosovo`s special police ended an operation that took control of the two borders posts. One Kosovo policeman was killed in the action.
Kosovo launched the operation to enforce its ban on goods from Serbia in the Serb-run area, which rejects Kosovo`s 2008 secession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!