NATO in north Kosovo withdraws from Serb roadblock
Pristina: A NATO spokesman in Kosovo says a convoy of about 30 military vehicles has withdrawn from a barricade put up by hundreds of Serbs to prevent them from reaching a base in the Serb-run north.
Captain Hans Wichter said the decision was made "to avoid bloodshed" in the northern area that has been rocked by violent incidents since Kosovo police moved on Monday to assert authority over minority Serbs that reject Pristina`s rule.
Serbs blocked roads on Friday and have attacked border posts, firing at NATO peacekeepers in an attempt to keep control over Kosovo`s north that despite a NATO and EU presence remains under Serbia`s realm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday