NATO in north Kosovo withdraws from Serb roadblock
Pristina: A NATO spokesman in Kosovo says a convoy of about 30 military vehicles has withdrawn from a barricade put up by hundreds of Serbs to prevent them from reaching a base in the Serb-run north.
Captain Hans Wichter said the decision was made "to avoid bloodshed" in the northern area that has been rocked by violent incidents since Kosovo police moved on Monday to assert authority over minority Serbs that reject Pristina`s rule.
Serbs blocked roads on Friday and have attacked border posts, firing at NATO peacekeepers in an attempt to keep control over Kosovo`s north that despite a NATO and EU presence remains under Serbia`s realm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details