NATO probing reports of airstrike on Libya rebels
Ajdabiya: NATO on Saturday said that it was
investigating Libyan rebel reports that a coalition warplane
had struck a rebel position that was firing into the air near
the front line of the battle with Moammar Gadhafi`s forces.
Rebels told that a group of opposition fighters was
hit by an airstrike about 12 miles (20 kilometers) east of the
town of Brega Friday night.
Mohammad Bedrise, a doctor in a nearby hospital, said
three burned bodies had been brought in by men who said they
had been hit after firing a heavy machine gun in the air in
celebration. Idris Kadiki, a 38-year-old mechanical engineer,
said he had seen an ambulance and three cars burning after an
NATO spokeswoman Oana Lungescu said the coaliton was
looking into the reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview