NATO`s door still open to Ukraine: Hillary Clinton
Kiev: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham
Clinton told Ukrainian leaders on Friday that the door to
membership in the NATO alliance remains open.
Clinton alluded to the newly elected Ukrainian
government`s closer alignment to Moscow and its decision to
steer away from NATO membership.
Slowing her delivery to emphasise the NATO issue, Clinton
told the government officials she wanted to make it clear that
the US would not pressure Ukraine to join NATO. She said it is
up to Ukraine to choose its own alliances and to make such
decisions in line with its own security interests.
Clinton arrived in the Ukrainian capital at dawn and was
spending the day in a series of meetings with top government
At a news conference later, Clinton emphasised the
positive on Ukrainian democratic reforms.
"I commend the government for those commitments," Clinton
said, adding that now it needs to turn those commitments into
action to improve freedom of the press and other democratic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’