NATO`s door still open to Ukraine: Hillary Clinton
Kiev: US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham
Clinton told Ukrainian leaders on Friday that the door to
membership in the NATO alliance remains open.
Clinton alluded to the newly elected Ukrainian
government`s closer alignment to Moscow and its decision to
steer away from NATO membership.
Slowing her delivery to emphasise the NATO issue, Clinton
told the government officials she wanted to make it clear that
the US would not pressure Ukraine to join NATO. She said it is
up to Ukraine to choose its own alliances and to make such
decisions in line with its own security interests.
Clinton arrived in the Ukrainian capital at dawn and was
spending the day in a series of meetings with top government
At a news conference later, Clinton emphasised the
positive on Ukrainian democratic reforms.
"I commend the government for those commitments," Clinton
said, adding that now it needs to turn those commitments into
action to improve freedom of the press and other democratic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP