Natural gas pipeline blast kills one in Texas: Official
Washington: A construction worker died and
eight others were injured when a punctured natural gas
pipeline exploded in Texas, officials said.
Cleburne City Manager Chester Nolen initially said that
the blast had killed three people and left 10 missing near
Cleburne, some 50 miles (80 kilometers) southwest of Dallas,
A crew building power lines struck the pipeline,
unleashing an explosion and a huge fireball that shot hundreds
of feet (dozens of metres) into the sky, according to
The fire raged for hours, fueling a massive plume of
smoke before it was finally extinguished.
"We do know it started when they were drilling a hole for
a large electrical pole, one of the big metal ones, and they
struck a natural gas pipeline and that triggered the
explosion," Johnson County Emergency Management Coordinator
Jack Snow told in confirming the final count.
Emergency crews found the body of a subcontractor who had
been missing after the blast. The explosion threw his body
about 200 yards (meters) from the site, according to Snow.
Eight workers were transported to hospital, most with
minor burn injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch