Nearly 1,200 vehicles burnt in France on New Year`
Paris: A total of 1,193 vehicles were burnt on New Year`s Eve in France, according to the French government.
Setting cars ablaze in a display of vandalism has become quite a `tradition` in French suburbs on New Year`s Eve in recent years, reports Xinhua.
"When it concerns insecurity, there is nothing to hide... There is no significant change from torched cars and two-wheelers of recent years," French Interior Minister Manuel Valls said.
On New Year`s Eve, 53,000 policemen and gendarmes, who are members of national police, were mobilised from across the country to ensure safety on roads, particularly in the famous Champs Elysee and Eiffel Tower where hundreds of thousands of people gathered for the New Year countdown.
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part V
- DNA: AgustaWestland creates chaos in Parliament
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 6
- DNA: Loans costing farmers their lives; govt keeps mum
- DNA: Today in History | April 27, 2016