Nearly 1,200 vehicles burnt in France on New Year`
Paris: A total of 1,193 vehicles were burnt on New Year`s Eve in France, according to the French government.
Setting cars ablaze in a display of vandalism has become quite a `tradition` in French suburbs on New Year`s Eve in recent years, reports Xinhua.
"When it concerns insecurity, there is nothing to hide... There is no significant change from torched cars and two-wheelers of recent years," French Interior Minister Manuel Valls said.
On New Year`s Eve, 53,000 policemen and gendarmes, who are members of national police, were mobilised from across the country to ensure safety on roads, particularly in the famous Champs Elysee and Eiffel Tower where hundreds of thousands of people gathered for the New Year countdown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks