Nearly 1,200 vehicles burnt in France on New Year`
Paris: A total of 1,193 vehicles were burnt on New Year`s Eve in France, according to the French government.
Setting cars ablaze in a display of vandalism has become quite a `tradition` in French suburbs on New Year`s Eve in recent years, reports Xinhua.
"When it concerns insecurity, there is nothing to hide... There is no significant change from torched cars and two-wheelers of recent years," French Interior Minister Manuel Valls said.
On New Year`s Eve, 53,000 policemen and gendarmes, who are members of national police, were mobilised from across the country to ensure safety on roads, particularly in the famous Champs Elysee and Eiffel Tower where hundreds of thousands of people gathered for the New Year countdown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic