Nearly 1,200 vehicles burnt in France on New Year`
Paris: A total of 1,193 vehicles were burnt on New Year`s Eve in France, according to the French government.
Setting cars ablaze in a display of vandalism has become quite a `tradition` in French suburbs on New Year`s Eve in recent years, reports Xinhua.
"When it concerns insecurity, there is nothing to hide... There is no significant change from torched cars and two-wheelers of recent years," French Interior Minister Manuel Valls said.
On New Year`s Eve, 53,000 policemen and gendarmes, who are members of national police, were mobilised from across the country to ensure safety on roads, particularly in the famous Champs Elysee and Eiffel Tower where hundreds of thousands of people gathered for the New Year countdown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'