Nearly 1,200 vehicles burnt in France on New Year`
Paris: A total of 1,193 vehicles were burnt on New Year`s Eve in France, according to the French government.
Setting cars ablaze in a display of vandalism has become quite a `tradition` in French suburbs on New Year`s Eve in recent years, reports Xinhua.
"When it concerns insecurity, there is nothing to hide... There is no significant change from torched cars and two-wheelers of recent years," French Interior Minister Manuel Valls said.
On New Year`s Eve, 53,000 policemen and gendarmes, who are members of national police, were mobilised from across the country to ensure safety on roads, particularly in the famous Champs Elysee and Eiffel Tower where hundreds of thousands of people gathered for the New Year countdown.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?