Nearly 200 sniper killings investigated in Tunisia
Tunis: Tunisia`s courts are handling nearly 200 cases of killings by snipers committed during the uprising that toppled the president on January 14, the official TAP agency reported.
"The courts have taken up 192 cases of killings of Tunisians by snipers during the events of the revolution," TAP reported.
Several members of the security forces had been arrested, warrants had been issued against others and work was continuing to identify other suspects, the agency added.
Tunisia`s transitional government has on several occasions denounced a plot by supporters of former president Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali to provoke chaos in the country.
The country was shaken by bloody clashes in several regions during the uprising, with 25 demonstrators killed by snipers in the town of Kasserine alone, according to hospital sources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers