Nearly 60 injured after 2 planes hit turbulence near Hong Kong
Bangkok: Nearly 60 passengers and crew on two flights were injured on Friday when their aircraft, including a Thai Airways A-380 superjumbo, encountered turbulence shortly before landing at Hong Kong airport.
More than 50 passengers and crew were injured when the A-380 flight to Hong Kong hit turbulence before landing.
The airline`s deputy managing director?Chokchai Panyayong said the plane ran into turbulence shortly before descending to land.
The captain turned on the seatbelts sign but about 37 passengers and 15 crew members, who had not fastened their belts, were injured. The most severe injury was a broken collarbone.
Officials said, 22 injured have been discharged.
Fire trucks and rescue vehicles stood by at Hong Kong International Airport to assist as the plane landed safely around 12.08 pm Hong Kong time.
A Thai Airway statement said there were 500 passengers, two captains and 24 crew members on board the flight.
A Hong Kong Airlines flight from Phuket International Airport was also hit by turbulence while landing in Hong Kong this morning.
The Airlines said three passengers and three flight attendants were hurt when their flight hit "sudden turbulence" as it neared the city`s airport.
The airline said the plane landed safely and the six have left hospital. The plane was carrying 110 passengers and seven crew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22