Need more time to win Syrian war: Bashar al-Assad
Syria/Washington: Even as battle in Syria continues, President Bashar al-Assad said that the government only needs little “more time” to win the battle, as per a BBC report on Wednesday.
The Syrian President made the statement while giving an interview to the state television channel.
Calling the rebel fighters as “terrorists, Assad said that the government needs a little “more time” to win.
Assad also termed the idea of creating humanitarian buffer zone as “unrealistic.”
Meanwhile, the opposition Syrian Support Group has called on the US to immediately establish a no-fly zone over Syria.
The group, which represents the rebel Free Syrian Army in Washington, claimed that Syria`s ruling authorities have intensified use of air strikes to attack cities held by rebels.
Louay Sakka, co-founder of the Syrian Support Group, said: "This is right now the time for a no-fly zone to take place. We need to stop the fixed-wing and helicopters from attacking. The regime cannot hold ground without air power or heavy artillery."
The Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives, according to estimates by various groups.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Good news! Dimpy Ganguly welcomes baby Reanna with blizzards of kisses and hugs - See pic
- Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar becomes first India Women's cricketer to be signed by overseas T20 team
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM
- PM Modi to launch Smart City projects in Pune today