Need more time to win Syrian war: Bashar al-Assad
Syria/Washington: Even as battle in Syria continues, President Bashar al-Assad said that the government only needs little “more time” to win the battle, as per a BBC report on Wednesday.
The Syrian President made the statement while giving an interview to the state television channel.
Calling the rebel fighters as “terrorists, Assad said that the government needs a little “more time” to win.
Assad also termed the idea of creating humanitarian buffer zone as “unrealistic.”
Meanwhile, the opposition Syrian Support Group has called on the US to immediately establish a no-fly zone over Syria.
The group, which represents the rebel Free Syrian Army in Washington, claimed that Syria`s ruling authorities have intensified use of air strikes to attack cities held by rebels.
Louay Sakka, co-founder of the Syrian Support Group, said: "This is right now the time for a no-fly zone to take place. We need to stop the fixed-wing and helicopters from attacking. The regime cannot hold ground without air power or heavy artillery."
The Syrian conflict has claimed up to 20,000 lives, according to estimates by various groups.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie