Nelson Mandela doing well: President Zuma
Pretoria: South African icon Nelson Mandela, now admitted to a hospital here, is doing well, said President Jacob Zuma.
Zuma visited Mandela, also a former president, at the Pretoria hospital, the official news agency SAnews.gov.za said.
"We continue to appeal to the media and the public to respect the privacy of Madiba and his family," said the presidency, using a term with which he is popularly known.
According to the presidency, Mandela was admitted for medical tests.
"Mandela will receive medical attention from time to time, which is consistent with his age. Madiba is doing well and there is no cause for alarm," an official statement said.
"We wish Madiba all the best. The medical team is assured of our support as they look after and ensure the comfort of our beloved founding president of a free and democratic South Africa," said Zuma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’