Nelson Mandela in good health
Cape Town: Former South African president Nelson Mandela was in good health contrary to reports that gave rise to rumours that he may be suffering from health problems, an official said on Saturday.
"The former president continues to be in good health," Mac Maharaj, spokesperson to President Jacob Zuma, was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Mandela did not attend the African National Congress centenary celebrations in Mangaung municipality in Free State earlier this month.
The 94-year-old Mandela moved to Qunu a few days before his 93rd birthday in July last year.
"We once more appeal for his privacy and that of his family to be respected," said Maharaj.
Mandela`s quiet life in Qunu was disturbed when police discovered two hidden cameras spying on him.
The cameras were reportedly set up by two international news agencies without the knowledge of the authorities. The news agencies are facing criminal charges for allegedly breaking a law under which all presidents` residences are declared national key points that cannot be filmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev