Nelson Mandela in good health
Cape Town: Former South African president Nelson Mandela was in good health contrary to reports that gave rise to rumours that he may be suffering from health problems, an official said on Saturday.
"The former president continues to be in good health," Mac Maharaj, spokesperson to President Jacob Zuma, was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Mandela did not attend the African National Congress centenary celebrations in Mangaung municipality in Free State earlier this month.
The 94-year-old Mandela moved to Qunu a few days before his 93rd birthday in July last year.
"We once more appeal for his privacy and that of his family to be respected," said Maharaj.
Mandela`s quiet life in Qunu was disturbed when police discovered two hidden cameras spying on him.
The cameras were reportedly set up by two international news agencies without the knowledge of the authorities. The news agencies are facing criminal charges for allegedly breaking a law under which all presidents` residences are declared national key points that cannot be filmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- WATCH: Hazel Keech cheered from stands as Yuvraj Singh rediscovered form during SRH vs KKR match
- Separated Indian, Pakistani siblings meet in UAE after 48 yrs
- CPI(M) leader Sushanta Ghosh slapped in West Bengal court premises
- On eve of Greece visit, Putin says problems with EU can be solved
- President Mukherjee lists 8 steps to resolve issues between India, China