Nelson Mandela in good health
Cape Town: Former South African president Nelson Mandela was in good health contrary to reports that gave rise to rumours that he may be suffering from health problems, an official said on Saturday.
"The former president continues to be in good health," Mac Maharaj, spokesperson to President Jacob Zuma, was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Mandela did not attend the African National Congress centenary celebrations in Mangaung municipality in Free State earlier this month.
The 94-year-old Mandela moved to Qunu a few days before his 93rd birthday in July last year.
"We once more appeal for his privacy and that of his family to be respected," said Maharaj.
Mandela`s quiet life in Qunu was disturbed when police discovered two hidden cameras spying on him.
The cameras were reportedly set up by two international news agencies without the knowledge of the authorities. The news agencies are facing criminal charges for allegedly breaking a law under which all presidents` residences are declared national key points that cannot be filmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy