Nelson Mandela may have `lost awareness` with deteriorating condition
New York: Former South African President Nelson Mandela has reportedly lost awareness as his cognitive processes are getting fragile.
Mandela has been under intensive care at his Johannesburg home, since he was shifted from the Pretoria hospital early this month, New York Post reports.
Doctors had earlier warned that difficult days lie ahead for him medically.
The anti-apartheid hero had been on life support for the past three months for a severe lung infection.
According to the report, the stress within his own family has been mentioned as the reason for his deteriorating physical well-being.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters