Nelson Mandela may have `lost awareness` with deteriorating condition
New York: Former South African President Nelson Mandela has reportedly lost awareness as his cognitive processes are getting fragile.
Mandela has been under intensive care at his Johannesburg home, since he was shifted from the Pretoria hospital early this month, New York Post reports.
Doctors had earlier warned that difficult days lie ahead for him medically.
The anti-apartheid hero had been on life support for the past three months for a severe lung infection.
According to the report, the stress within his own family has been mentioned as the reason for his deteriorating physical well-being.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!