Nelson Mandela may have `lost awareness` with deteriorating condition
New York: Former South African President Nelson Mandela has reportedly lost awareness as his cognitive processes are getting fragile.
Mandela has been under intensive care at his Johannesburg home, since he was shifted from the Pretoria hospital early this month, New York Post reports.
Doctors had earlier warned that difficult days lie ahead for him medically.
The anti-apartheid hero had been on life support for the past three months for a severe lung infection.
According to the report, the stress within his own family has been mentioned as the reason for his deteriorating physical well-being.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf