Nelson Mandela remains critical in South Africa
Johannesburg: Nelson Mandela remains in a South African hospital, where he is in critical but stable condition.
Mandela`s wife, Graca Machel, said on Friday that she is less anxious because the 94-year-old anti-apartheid leader and former South African president is responding to treatment.
Mandela was admitted on June 08 to the hospital for a recurring lung infection.
People in South Africa and around the world have expressed concern for Mandela, sending messages of support for a man seen as a global symbol of reconciliation.
Mandela turns 95 on July 18, when commemorations will be held in his honour.
Mandela spent 27 years in prison during white rule and was released in 1990. He led the shift from apartheid to democracy and became president in all-race elections in 1994.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’