Nelson Mandela remains critical in South Africa
Johannesburg: Nelson Mandela remains in a South African hospital, where he is in critical but stable condition.
Mandela`s wife, Graca Machel, said on Friday that she is less anxious because the 94-year-old anti-apartheid leader and former South African president is responding to treatment.
Mandela was admitted on June 08 to the hospital for a recurring lung infection.
People in South Africa and around the world have expressed concern for Mandela, sending messages of support for a man seen as a global symbol of reconciliation.
Mandela turns 95 on July 18, when commemorations will be held in his honour.
Mandela spent 27 years in prison during white rule and was released in 1990. He led the shift from apartheid to democracy and became president in all-race elections in 1994.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing