Nelson Mandela remains on kidney dialysis but stable
Washington: South African anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela is reportedly undergoing kidney dialysis for recurring lung infection in a Pretoria hospital.
CNN reports that his lung problems started during his 27 years stay in prison under South Africa`s now-defunct apartheid regime.
According to the report, Mandela opens his eyes when people talk to him. While report said that he is on life support, but not in a vegetative state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened