Nelson Mandela spends 12th day in hospital
Pretoria: Anti-apartheid icon and South Africa`s first black president Nelson Mandela Wednesday spent his 12th day in hospital -- with no official update about his condition.
Mandela is receiving treatment at the Mediclinic Heart Hospital in Pretoria, Xinhua reported.
The latest news about Mandela`s health came from his daughter Zenani Mandela-Dlamini, who had said Monday that the former president "is doing very well".
Zenani was the second family member who commented on Mandela`s condition.=
Mandla Mandela, the Nobel laureate`s grandson, has given out two confirmations, saying Mandela`s health was getting better.
On Sunday, President Jacob Zuma said Mandela "continues to get better" although his condition "remains serious". But ever since, no official update has been issued.
Mandela, who turns 95 next month, was rushed to hospital June 8 following a deterioration in his recurring lung problem.
Mandela had developed tuberculosis while in prison during the apartheid.
He has been in and out of hospital several times since December, raising concern about his frail health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested