Nelson Mandela spends 12th day in hospital
Pretoria: Anti-apartheid icon and South Africa`s first black president Nelson Mandela Wednesday spent his 12th day in hospital -- with no official update about his condition.
Mandela is receiving treatment at the Mediclinic Heart Hospital in Pretoria, Xinhua reported.
The latest news about Mandela`s health came from his daughter Zenani Mandela-Dlamini, who had said Monday that the former president "is doing very well".
Zenani was the second family member who commented on Mandela`s condition.=
Mandla Mandela, the Nobel laureate`s grandson, has given out two confirmations, saying Mandela`s health was getting better.
On Sunday, President Jacob Zuma said Mandela "continues to get better" although his condition "remains serious". But ever since, no official update has been issued.
Mandela, who turns 95 next month, was rushed to hospital June 8 following a deterioration in his recurring lung problem.
Mandela had developed tuberculosis while in prison during the apartheid.
He has been in and out of hospital several times since December, raising concern about his frail health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof