Nelson Mandela spends 12th day in hospital
Pretoria: Anti-apartheid icon and South Africa`s first black president Nelson Mandela Wednesday spent his 12th day in hospital -- with no official update about his condition.
Mandela is receiving treatment at the Mediclinic Heart Hospital in Pretoria, Xinhua reported.
The latest news about Mandela`s health came from his daughter Zenani Mandela-Dlamini, who had said Monday that the former president "is doing very well".
Zenani was the second family member who commented on Mandela`s condition.=
Mandla Mandela, the Nobel laureate`s grandson, has given out two confirmations, saying Mandela`s health was getting better.
On Sunday, President Jacob Zuma said Mandela "continues to get better" although his condition "remains serious". But ever since, no official update has been issued.
Mandela, who turns 95 next month, was rushed to hospital June 8 following a deterioration in his recurring lung problem.
Mandela had developed tuberculosis while in prison during the apartheid.
He has been in and out of hospital several times since December, raising concern about his frail health.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra