Nelson Mandela stable, resting at home: Presidency
Johannesburg: Nelson Mandela`s health is stable and he is resting at home after a two-day stay in hospital for a respiratory infection, a presidential spokesman said on Saturday.
"So far so good," spokesman Bongani Majola said of Mandela`s recovery since being discharged from hospital on Friday afternoon.
"There`s no development. He`s still stable, he`s still at home. The latest is what you heard (Friday). Nothing has developed whatsoever," he said.
Mandela, 92, was released from Milpark Hospital in Johannesburg on Friday. South Africa`s surgeon general said he would continue to receive care at home.
The news ended two days of anxiety over the anti-apartheid hero`s health, after a statement from his foundation saying he had entered hospital for "routine tests" was followed by a news blackout from officials and the hospital over the condition of the country`s first black president.
Deputy President Kgalema Motlanthe ended the silence on Friday with news of Mandela`s discharge. He promised the government would issue regular updates on the Nobel peace prize winner`s health.
"If there`s any further development, we will definitely announce," Majola said on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons