Nelson Mandela still critical but stable: Presidency
Johannesburg: The condition of South Africa`s former president Nelson Mandela is still "stable but critical", the country`s Presidency said Monday.
"Madiba (the clan name of Mandela) continues to respond to treatment," reported Xinhua citing the Presidency after President Jacob Zuma paid a visit to Mandela`s Houghton home.
President Zuma met Mandela`s family and brought them the well wishes from South Africans and those from other parts of the world.
Also, the Lifetime Award for Global Peace brought from Malaysia by Zuma was presented to Mandela on this occasion.
Mandela spent his 95th birthday in hospital four months ago. He was sent to a Pretoria hospital for a serious condition of recurring lung infection June 8, his fourth hospital stay in 12 months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report