Nelson Mandela still critical but stable: Presidency
Johannesburg: The condition of South Africa`s former president Nelson Mandela is still "stable but critical", the country`s Presidency said Monday.
"Madiba (the clan name of Mandela) continues to respond to treatment," reported Xinhua citing the Presidency after President Jacob Zuma paid a visit to Mandela`s Houghton home.
President Zuma met Mandela`s family and brought them the well wishes from South Africans and those from other parts of the world.
Also, the Lifetime Award for Global Peace brought from Malaysia by Zuma was presented to Mandela on this occasion.
Mandela spent his 95th birthday in hospital four months ago. He was sent to a Pretoria hospital for a serious condition of recurring lung infection June 8, his fourth hospital stay in 12 months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore