Nelson Mandela`s family feud over financial assets deepens
London: The mistrust among Nelson Mandela`s family members grow as the anti-apartheid hero remains critical but in a stable condition at a Pretoria hospital in South Africa.
Nelson Mandela`s grandson, Mandla, has accused his relatives of being revengeful and seeking to control Mandela`s legacy.
News24 reports that Mandla`s comments come as the bodies of three of Mandela`s children were being reburied at his home village, Qunu, after family won the court case.
According to the report, there has been a long-running battle over Mandela`s legacy, but it has intensified as his health has deteriorated.
Mandela daughters, Makaziwe and Zenani, had launched their case in April alleging that his aides, including respected human rights lawyer George Bizos, had no right to be on the boards of two companies worth about USD 1.7 million.
Bizos said that he would defend the action, reports added.
Meanwhile, Mandla also wanted to counter the impression that his own status and authority within the Mandela family has been undermined by his defeat in the court.
Mandla felt that he had been groomed for leadership and service by Nelson Mandela and he will not be bowed by any campaigns against him, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you