Nelson Mandela`s family urged to `let him go`
Johannesburg: South Africa prayed for 94-year-old former President Nelson Mandela, as he spent a third night in hospital, with calls for the family and the nation to `let him go`.
Government officials have given no updates on his health since announcing that the anti-apartheid hero was admitted to hospital in a `serious but stable` condition with a lung infection early on Saturday.
According to news24, South Africans are beginning to come to terms with the mortality of their first black president , following deteriorating health in recent days.
The Sunday Times newspaper`s stark front page headline was: `It`s time to let him go`.
It is the fourth time Mandela has been admitted to hospital since December, who turns 95 next month, after he was discharged in April following treatment for pneumonia.
Mandela`s third wife Graca Machel has been at the hospital with him after calling off a trip to a London conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!