Nelson Mandela`s family urged to `let him go`
Johannesburg: South Africa prayed for 94-year-old former President Nelson Mandela, as he spent a third night in hospital, with calls for the family and the nation to `let him go`.
Government officials have given no updates on his health since announcing that the anti-apartheid hero was admitted to hospital in a `serious but stable` condition with a lung infection early on Saturday.
According to news24, South Africans are beginning to come to terms with the mortality of their first black president , following deteriorating health in recent days.
The Sunday Times newspaper`s stark front page headline was: `It`s time to let him go`.
It is the fourth time Mandela has been admitted to hospital since December, who turns 95 next month, after he was discharged in April following treatment for pneumonia.
Mandela`s third wife Graca Machel has been at the hospital with him after calling off a trip to a London conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan