Nelson Mandela`s unresponsiveness prolongs
Johannesburg: South Africa`s first black President, Nelson Mandela has been unresponsive for days and his family is now reportedly discussing to quit treatment.
Mandela has been in the hospital for 14 days where his condition is serious as his liver and kidney functions are down to 50 per cent and he has not opened his eyes for days, News.com.au reports.
According to the report, though previous statements have indicated that Mr. Mandela`s health is improving, the 94-year-old is in hospital since two weeks fighting a recurring lung infection and had two recent surgeries to repair a bleeding ulcer and to insert a tube into his body.
Mandela`s family said that they are hoping that he gets well and comes home soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter