Nelson Mandela`s unresponsiveness prolongs
Johannesburg: South Africa`s first black President, Nelson Mandela has been unresponsive for days and his family is now reportedly discussing to quit treatment.
Mandela has been in the hospital for 14 days where his condition is serious as his liver and kidney functions are down to 50 per cent and he has not opened his eyes for days, News.com.au reports.
According to the report, though previous statements have indicated that Mr. Mandela`s health is improving, the 94-year-old is in hospital since two weeks fighting a recurring lung infection and had two recent surgeries to repair a bleeding ulcer and to insert a tube into his body.
Mandela`s family said that they are hoping that he gets well and comes home soon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler