Nepal Army chief visits China to step up bilateral ties
Kathmandu: Nepal Army Chief General Gaurav Shumsher Rana on Friday left for China for a nine-day official visit to step up bilateral military ties.
Rana is scheduled to meet Deputy Chairman of Central Military Commission Air Chief Marshal Xu Qiliang, Chief of the PLA General Staff Fang and other high-ranking military officials during the visit, said a statement issued by Nepal Army Headquarters.
According to the Directorate of Public Relations at Nepal Army, a deal on setting up two mobile hospitals will be reached during Rana`s visit to the northern neighbour.
"Under the deal China will provide two well equipped mobile hospitals worth 59 million yuan which will be used for disaster relief operations," Army sources said.
During his visit to China by the then Chief of Army Staff of Nepal Army General Chhatra Man Singh Gurung in 2011, China had pledged to provide 100 million yuan worth military assistance to Nepal Army.
"The Chinese government has already initiated the process of providing various medical equipments worth 49 million yuan to Nepal Army," Army sources said.
Chinese Ambassador to Nepal Wu Chuntai, senior NA officers and defence ministry officials were present at the Tribhuvan International Airport to see off Rana who is visiting China on an invitation from his Chinese counterpart General Fang Fenghui.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre