Nepal`s political leaders call for consensus on Vijay Dashami
Kathmandu: Nepal`s top leaders greeted the people of the country on the occasion of Dashain, using the opportunity to call on all political parties to expedite the constitution drafting process to institutionalise the democratic achievements of the people`s movement.
President Ram Baran Yadav said in his message that the country had no alternative to taking the peace process to a meaningful conclusion and promulgating a democratic
constitution within the remaining seven and half months tenure of the Constituent Assembly.
This is needed to ensure "the rule of law in the country by institutionalising the democratic republic achieved through the great sacrifice of the people," he said. "The country has made notable political and social achievements after the people`s movement of 2006. Our national pledge to make the state secular, democratic republic and inclusive is not only a historic achievement but also a guideline for building a prosperous Nepal," he said.
Greeting the people on the occasion, the Prime Minister said the political parties should create an opportunity to give up misunderstanding, conflict and dissension and strengthen goodwill and friendship. "We have upon our shoulder the responsibility of completing the peace process honestly and concluding the task of constitution-writing within the extended timeframe," he said.
Former King Gyanendra also extended his good wishes, calling for preserving the nation`s inherent culture, religion, and national pride and sovereignty. He said steps should be taken to bring about political stability, good governance, and assurance of peace and security.
Nepali Congress president Sushil Koirala said Nepal could be transformed into a peaceful and prosperous nation only if its citizens are conscious of their responsibility of establishing lasting peace, preserving national interest and formulating the constitution.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?