Netanyahu injured in friendly soccer match
Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu tore a tendon and will have to wear a cast for several weeks after he injured himself during a friendly soccer match between Jewish and Arab youths.
The soccer match was held in Jerusalem Monday as part of the show "The Royal Tour" that features world leaders acting as tour guides to boost tourism, Xinhua reported.
Shortly after joining the match, Netanyahu slipped and tore his tendon.
"I hurt my leg during a youth soccer match while I was trying to show Israel`s good side," Netanyahu said in a video on his YouTube channel.
"Tomorrow I will go back to the office to play other games for the people of Israel," he said.
The Prime Minister`s Office said that despite the injury, Netanyahu did not quit the game and even scored a goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!