Netanyahu injured in friendly soccer match
Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu tore a tendon and will have to wear a cast for several weeks after he injured himself during a friendly soccer match between Jewish and Arab youths.
The soccer match was held in Jerusalem Monday as part of the show "The Royal Tour" that features world leaders acting as tour guides to boost tourism, Xinhua reported.
Shortly after joining the match, Netanyahu slipped and tore his tendon.
"I hurt my leg during a youth soccer match while I was trying to show Israel`s good side," Netanyahu said in a video on his YouTube channel.
"Tomorrow I will go back to the office to play other games for the people of Israel," he said.
The Prime Minister`s Office said that despite the injury, Netanyahu did not quit the game and even scored a goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends