Netanyahu injured in friendly soccer match
Jerusalem: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu tore a tendon and will have to wear a cast for several weeks after he injured himself during a friendly soccer match between Jewish and Arab youths.
The soccer match was held in Jerusalem Monday as part of the show "The Royal Tour" that features world leaders acting as tour guides to boost tourism, Xinhua reported.
Shortly after joining the match, Netanyahu slipped and tore his tendon.
"I hurt my leg during a youth soccer match while I was trying to show Israel`s good side," Netanyahu said in a video on his YouTube channel.
"Tomorrow I will go back to the office to play other games for the people of Israel," he said.
The Prime Minister`s Office said that despite the injury, Netanyahu did not quit the game and even scored a goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway