Netanyahu vows response to every effort to attack
Jerusalem: Two days after Israeli Army shot dead two suspected gunmen while trying to enter the country from Syria, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed Sunday to repel all cross-border attacks.
"The IDF thwarted an attempt to infiltrate the border," Xinhua quoted Netanyahu as saying.
"We will continue to respond to every attempt to attack us and, to the best of our ability and part of our policy of initiating action, we will foil these attacks before they occur. "
Neither the identities of the killed gunmen nor their reasons for crossing the border have been confirmed.
The Israeli army said that after the suspects had destroyed the border fence and crossed into Israeli territory, they clearly determined that the two were armed.
The shooting is the latest one of a series of events in recent months that have rocked Israel`s increasingly tense frontiers with Syria and Lebanon.
On March 18, four Israeli paratroopers were injured, one of them severely, by an explosive device that was detonated near the border fence in the northern Golan Heights area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH