Netanyahu vows response to every effort to attack
Jerusalem: Two days after Israeli Army shot dead two suspected gunmen while trying to enter the country from Syria, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed Sunday to repel all cross-border attacks.
"The IDF thwarted an attempt to infiltrate the border," Xinhua quoted Netanyahu as saying.
"We will continue to respond to every attempt to attack us and, to the best of our ability and part of our policy of initiating action, we will foil these attacks before they occur. "
Neither the identities of the killed gunmen nor their reasons for crossing the border have been confirmed.
The Israeli army said that after the suspects had destroyed the border fence and crossed into Israeli territory, they clearly determined that the two were armed.
The shooting is the latest one of a series of events in recent months that have rocked Israel`s increasingly tense frontiers with Syria and Lebanon.
On March 18, four Israeli paratroopers were injured, one of them severely, by an explosive device that was detonated near the border fence in the northern Golan Heights area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- 'Mines Act amendments may spur M&As in cement, steel sectors'
- Hardik Patel offers to give an undertaking for bail, not to do anything that affect law
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Australia lead India as South Africa slip to 6th in ICC Test rankings
- Kerala law student rape and murder: Three detained by police