Netherlands to recall ambassador from Iran
Amsterdam: The Netherlands is recalling its ambassador to Iran for consultations over the execution of a Dutch-Iranian woman, the Dutch Foreign Ministry said on Monday.
A ministry spokesman said the ambassador would make a formal protest to the Iranian Foreign Ministry before he returned to The Hague on Thursday.
Iran`s ambassador to the Netherlands would be summoned shortly to the Dutch Foreign Ministry, he said.
The Netherlands froze diplomatic contacts with Iran after Zahra Bahrami, a 45-year-old woman with dual Dutch-Iranian citizenship, was hanged last month for drug smuggling, a charge that her family says was fabricated after she was arrested for participating in anti-government protests in 2009.
According to postings on Iranian blogs and news websites, Bahrami died when she was tortured during interrogation by the Iranian authorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31