Never exported weapons to non-state entities: China
Beijing: China on Tuesday said it never exported weapons to non-state entities, dismissing a report that accused the country of being a leading exporter of light and small arms.
"The Chinese government always takes a prudent and responsible attitude with regard to military exports including small arms and light weapons," Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei told a media briefing here.
China never exports arms to non-state entities, he said responding to the report, released by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) in October, stating that China has long been one of the world`s most significant exporters of small arms and light weapons.
Hong said China, according to its international obligations and relevant domestic laws, strictly abides by the principle of not damaging international and regional peace and stability and noninterference in the domestic affairs of recipient countries.
China also strictly abides by the principle of asking recipient countries to provide proof of final purpose and users, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted Hong as saying.
China will work with the international community to jointly boycott the illegal trade of light and small arms to avoid affecting international security, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA