Never exported weapons to non-state entities: China
Beijing: China on Tuesday said it never exported weapons to non-state entities, dismissing a report that accused the country of being a leading exporter of light and small arms.
"The Chinese government always takes a prudent and responsible attitude with regard to military exports including small arms and light weapons," Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei told a media briefing here.
China never exports arms to non-state entities, he said responding to the report, released by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) in October, stating that China has long been one of the world`s most significant exporters of small arms and light weapons.
Hong said China, according to its international obligations and relevant domestic laws, strictly abides by the principle of not damaging international and regional peace and stability and noninterference in the domestic affairs of recipient countries.
China also strictly abides by the principle of asking recipient countries to provide proof of final purpose and users, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted Hong as saying.
China will work with the international community to jointly boycott the illegal trade of light and small arms to avoid affecting international security, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH