Never exported weapons to non-state entities: China
Beijing: China on Tuesday said it never exported weapons to non-state entities, dismissing a report that accused the country of being a leading exporter of light and small arms.
"The Chinese government always takes a prudent and responsible attitude with regard to military exports including small arms and light weapons," Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei told a media briefing here.
China never exports arms to non-state entities, he said responding to the report, released by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) in October, stating that China has long been one of the world`s most significant exporters of small arms and light weapons.
Hong said China, according to its international obligations and relevant domestic laws, strictly abides by the principle of not damaging international and regional peace and stability and noninterference in the domestic affairs of recipient countries.
China also strictly abides by the principle of asking recipient countries to provide proof of final purpose and users, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted Hong as saying.
China will work with the international community to jointly boycott the illegal trade of light and small arms to avoid affecting international security, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!