Never intended to flee, says Amanda Knox`s ex-boyfriend Sollecito
Rome: The ex-boyfriend of Amanda Knox says he wasn`t fleeing Italy when he drove to Austria while an appeals court deliberated his fate in the death of a British student.
In an interview with US broadcaster NBC News broadcast yesterday, Sollecito said he had been planning to take a trip outside Italy if acquitted, and turned back from Austria as soon as he learned he had been convicted a second time for the 2007 slaying of Meredith Kercher.
He said he checked into the first hotel once back in Italy because he was tired. Police found him there Friday morning, and confiscated his passport and ID papers, as called for by the court.
Sollecito told NBC: "I didn`t want to flee, or to get away because I actually went back."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda