New book likens Angela Merkel to Don Corleone
London: A new book has accused German Chancellor Angela Merkel of behaving like a female Don Corleone, the sinister Mafia boss portrayed in The Godfather.
The book named ‘The Godmother: How Angela Merkel Is Reconstructing Germany’ said Merkel is obsessed with power, running an autocratic regime and destroying the euro.
The book has been written by Christian Democrat, Gertrud Höhler, 71, a prominent and outspoken conservative, the Daily Mail reports.
“We have more and more state power and less and less parliamentary power,” Höhler wrote in the book.
“Some cross-party decisions are increasingly adopting totalitarian features, and there are increasingly stricter measures against dissenting opinions in Parliament,” she added.
According to the paper, Höhler argued that Merkel`s obsession with power lies with her own ambition to survive politically and that she has pandered to German voters.
Excerpts from the book that have caused a stir in Germany were published in the conservative Frankfurter Allgemeine newspaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP