New book likens Angela Merkel to Don Corleone
London: A new book has accused German Chancellor Angela Merkel of behaving like a female Don Corleone, the sinister Mafia boss portrayed in The Godfather.
The book named ‘The Godmother: How Angela Merkel Is Reconstructing Germany’ said Merkel is obsessed with power, running an autocratic regime and destroying the euro.
The book has been written by Christian Democrat, Gertrud Höhler, 71, a prominent and outspoken conservative, the Daily Mail reports.
“We have more and more state power and less and less parliamentary power,” Höhler wrote in the book.
“Some cross-party decisions are increasingly adopting totalitarian features, and there are increasingly stricter measures against dissenting opinions in Parliament,” she added.
According to the paper, Höhler argued that Merkel`s obsession with power lies with her own ambition to survive politically and that she has pandered to German voters.
Excerpts from the book that have caused a stir in Germany were published in the conservative Frankfurter Allgemeine newspaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read