New book likens Angela Merkel to Don Corleone
London: A new book has accused German Chancellor Angela Merkel of behaving like a female Don Corleone, the sinister Mafia boss portrayed in The Godfather.
The book named ‘The Godmother: How Angela Merkel Is Reconstructing Germany’ said Merkel is obsessed with power, running an autocratic regime and destroying the euro.
The book has been written by Christian Democrat, Gertrud Höhler, 71, a prominent and outspoken conservative, the Daily Mail reports.
“We have more and more state power and less and less parliamentary power,” Höhler wrote in the book.
“Some cross-party decisions are increasingly adopting totalitarian features, and there are increasingly stricter measures against dissenting opinions in Parliament,” she added.
According to the paper, Höhler argued that Merkel`s obsession with power lies with her own ambition to survive politically and that she has pandered to German voters.
Excerpts from the book that have caused a stir in Germany were published in the conservative Frankfurter Allgemeine newspaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram