New book likens Angela Merkel to Don Corleone
London: A new book has accused German Chancellor Angela Merkel of behaving like a female Don Corleone, the sinister Mafia boss portrayed in The Godfather.
The book named ‘The Godmother: How Angela Merkel Is Reconstructing Germany’ said Merkel is obsessed with power, running an autocratic regime and destroying the euro.
The book has been written by Christian Democrat, Gertrud Höhler, 71, a prominent and outspoken conservative, the Daily Mail reports.
“We have more and more state power and less and less parliamentary power,” Höhler wrote in the book.
“Some cross-party decisions are increasingly adopting totalitarian features, and there are increasingly stricter measures against dissenting opinions in Parliament,” she added.
According to the paper, Höhler argued that Merkel`s obsession with power lies with her own ambition to survive politically and that she has pandered to German voters.
Excerpts from the book that have caused a stir in Germany were published in the conservative Frankfurter Allgemeine newspaper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hotness overload! Ranveer Singh, Fawad Khan bromance on reel?
- NIA officer Tanzil Ahmed murder case: Prime accused Muneer nabbed by UP STF
- 7th Pay Commission: Implementation soon! Cabinet to decide on final report tomorrow
- PM Narendra Modi pays tribute to Narasimha Rao on his 95th birth anniversary
- Wanted gangster Kumar Pillai, held in Singapore, extradited to Mumbai