New British FM invited for talks with Hillary: Foreign Office
London: New British Foreign Secretary William Hague is to travel to Washington on Friday for talks with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Foreign Office said on Wednesday.
"They`ve spoken on the phone and she`s invited him," said a Foreign Office spokeswoman, after Hague took office in a new coalition government led by Conservative Prime Minister David Cameron.
The Hague said on Tuesday the new British government wanted a "solid but not slavish relationship" with the United States, stressing the importance of the relationship between the two countries.
US President Barack Obama was one of the first to call Cameron after he took office on Tuesday.
Hague added: "No doubt we will not agree on everything... But they remain, in intelligence matters, in nuclear matters, in international diplomacy, in what we are doing in Afghanistan, the indispensable partner of this country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown