New British FM invited for talks with Hillary: Foreign Office
London: New British Foreign Secretary William Hague is to travel to Washington on Friday for talks with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Foreign Office said on Wednesday.
"They`ve spoken on the phone and she`s invited him," said a Foreign Office spokeswoman, after Hague took office in a new coalition government led by Conservative Prime Minister David Cameron.
The Hague said on Tuesday the new British government wanted a "solid but not slavish relationship" with the United States, stressing the importance of the relationship between the two countries.
US President Barack Obama was one of the first to call Cameron after he took office on Tuesday.
Hague added: "No doubt we will not agree on everything... But they remain, in intelligence matters, in nuclear matters, in international diplomacy, in what we are doing in Afghanistan, the indispensable partner of this country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!