New cruise missiles a warning to North: S Korea
Seoul: South Korea has unveiled new cruise missiles it says are capable of hitting any target in North Korea.
Seoul`s Defence Ministry said on Thursday that it has completed deploying the missiles. Officials say the deployment should serve as a warning to North Korea.
Pyongyang on Sunday unveiled a new long-range missile during a military parade and conducted a failed long-range rocket launch two days earlier.
North Korea says the launch was aimed at putting a satellite in orbit. The United States and South Korea called it a test of ballistic missile technology.
Relations between the Koreas have deteriorated badly in recent years. Pyongyang on Wednesday repeated its threat of waging a "sacred war" against Seoul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video