New cruise missiles a warning to North: S Korea
Seoul: South Korea has unveiled new cruise missiles it says are capable of hitting any target in North Korea.
Seoul`s Defence Ministry said on Thursday that it has completed deploying the missiles. Officials say the deployment should serve as a warning to North Korea.
Pyongyang on Sunday unveiled a new long-range missile during a military parade and conducted a failed long-range rocket launch two days earlier.
North Korea says the launch was aimed at putting a satellite in orbit. The United States and South Korea called it a test of ballistic missile technology.
Relations between the Koreas have deteriorated badly in recent years. Pyongyang on Wednesday repeated its threat of waging a "sacred war" against Seoul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui