New `Death to America` songs unveiled in Iran
Tehran: Hard-liners in Iran have unveiled two new "Death to America" songs at the former US Embassy in Tehran, hoping to keep anger high ahead of nuclear talks with Western powers.
They performed the songs today ahead of a planned massive protest Monday to mark the anniversary of the US Embassy takeover in 1979.
The anniversary this year is drawing greater attention due to hard-line opposition to moderate President Hassan Rouhani`s outreach to the West as talks over the country`s contested nuclear program continue.
Hard-liners also criticised Rouhani`s historic telephone conversation with US President Barack Obama in September, a gesture aimed at ending three decades of estrangement between the two countries.
Authorities pulled down dozens of anti-US banners and posters around Tehran last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog