New `Death to America` songs unveiled in Iran
Tehran: Hard-liners in Iran have unveiled two new "Death to America" songs at the former US Embassy in Tehran, hoping to keep anger high ahead of nuclear talks with Western powers.
They performed the songs today ahead of a planned massive protest Monday to mark the anniversary of the US Embassy takeover in 1979.
The anniversary this year is drawing greater attention due to hard-line opposition to moderate President Hassan Rouhani`s outreach to the West as talks over the country`s contested nuclear program continue.
Hard-liners also criticised Rouhani`s historic telephone conversation with US President Barack Obama in September, a gesture aimed at ending three decades of estrangement between the two countries.
Authorities pulled down dozens of anti-US banners and posters around Tehran last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured